There is a plethora of preliminary data connecting intestinal permeability to chronic inflammatory diseases. More work is needed in this area to determine causal mechanisms. Doing so could help in developing interventions and other targets in reducing chronic illnesses and improve quality of life.
1. Questionaire to assess for Leaky Gut.
2. Lab tests to assess for abnormal Intestinal flora.
3. Serum lab tests to assess for inflamation in body.
4. Dietary and nutritional supplement protocol to follow to establish healthy gut microbiome.
5. Correlate positive leaky gut diagnosis with other medical disorders present in the subject.